Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stepping Away

I know, I know.... I haven't been making this blog a habit like I said I would. I've been busy with work and haven't found much time to work on my art, and when I've sat down in front of my linocut print, I haven't been motivated to keep working on it. Why? I'm not sure. Sometimes it just seems to be very hard to see a project through to completion which is especially true since I've been out of school. There are many different reasons why I become unmotivated or disinterested in an art project, I'll try to list a few.

Reasons for my many pieces of unfinished work:

1. Distractions: life, work, boyfriend, my cat, family drama... there's always something going on.
2. New ideas: you could file this one under distractions. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of working on something and I get a great idea for another project, which makes me want to work on that instead of the project I've already started. It soon becomes a vicious cycle.
3. Just tired of the artwork: Sometimes when you are too close to something, you don't appreciate it for what it is. This can be true for more than just your artwork.

Ok, enough with the excuses for now. I have tomorrow off, maybe I can quit making excuses and work on something then. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment