Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fun With Paint!

So I stayed true to my word... I did get to work on some art today, in between some much needed house cleaning. Here's the result:



 ... And my palette...


I hope you can tell what the image is, it's a peacock feather I had laying around my house. When I work on a drawing or a painting, I like to work from an actual object... It just feels more authentic I guess. I was inspired to do some work this morning and I was searching around for something interesting to work from and I found this peacock feather that I got from work. I work in a theater and this crazy guy who was putting on a science show for kids gave it to me. He used the feathers during his show to demonstrate the properties of gravity. In case you are wondering- he did this by balancing the feather on the palm of his hand, which is surprisingly easy to do. Well that's beside the point.  I love the colors in the feather, which is probably why I chose it as a subject.

I am still on a break from the print so I decided to work with acrylic paint. I had these small pieces of Clayboard hanging around and I thought I'd try them out. Basically they are a piece of masonite board with some kind of coating on them. You are supposed to be able to use them for almost anything, including water media. I would like them more if things stuck to them. I originally started filling in the image with oil pastel, but that did not work out so I went over that with acrylic. The oil pastel just wiped right off of the board.

 I am not going to analyze this piece too much, I just wanted to do something for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment