Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mixed Media Work

 When I watch my students work with new materials, especially my elementary students, they have no fear of experimentation. That was the idea I was going for with these paintings. Those that know me know how controlled and tight I usually work with materials. I love being able to capture something realistically but I have always wished I could be one of those artists that feels like they have complete freedom when they are working.

So when I began working, I just began to put paint and other materials down without a preconceived notion of what I wanted the end product to look like. After a few layers, I thought it was starting to look like an underwater scene, so I just went with it........




When it was all said and done I used: Acrylic paint, fabric, tissue paper, and collage.


Some close-up views so you can see the materials and layering.....



I'm having so much fun with the process I've already started a couple more. I'll post those when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment